Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 17:43:47 -0400
From:      Stephen Brown <sbrown@net1plus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation help

I am trying to install FreeBSD on my machine, but I ran into a problem
with the boot disk. What happens is I get this error message after the
boot prompt that continuously says:"error: d:0x0 c:64 h:1 s:13" (I don't
know if it matters but I can't remember if the letters were capitalized
or not) I then tried typing -c at the boot prompt and still got the same
thing. I checked the hardware compatability list and I really don't
think I have anything that is incompatible. Here is a short list of my
hardware:
Processor: AMD K5 166
Board/Chipset: Biostar/Intel 440VX
Hard Drive: Seagate 1.2 Gig EIDE Drive
CD ROM: Mitsumi 8x EIDE (ATAPI? I am unsure of even ATAPI is but I do
see it when my CD ROM drivers load from Autoexec.bat)
Memory: 4 72 pin 60 ns 8mb EDO simm modules
Video: Creative Labs Graphics Blaster 3D
Sound Card: Creative Labs AWE 64
Hope someone out there can help me. I am trying to install via FTP.
(Dialup PPP through a local Inet provider)
Thanks!

Stephen Brown
sbrown@net1plus.com
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sbrown/index.html