Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 1996 10:32:56 -0600
From:      Eric Varsanyi <ewv@boom.bsdi.com>
To:        "Brett Glass" <Brett_Glass@ccgate.infoworld.com>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, ewv@boom.bsdi.com, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gateway Solo with ATAPI CD-ROM: How to install?

>> This is the GW2000 desktop drive (I believe a CR563 or similar), or the
>> one in their laptop?
>
>I think Eric's is a desktop. I'm referring to the one in their Solo
>laptops.
>
>--Brett

No, as I mentioned in private email to Michael I have a GW2K Solo with
the 2X drive and it works fine. This is the drive that slides in under
the keyboard (this is the one you swap with the removeable floppy
drive). I've also tried the newer (by a couple of months) 4X drive
with no problems.

Mine claims its a Matsushita UJDCD2720 (sticker on the drive itself).

>From an ATAPI point of view its well behaved, I didn't have to add any
special case code to deal with it.

-Eric