Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2012 08:01:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Eduardo Morras <nec556@retena.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MAGIC with HP KVM - someone will help?

> Nop, sorry. I don't use KVMs. Perhaps the PS2 to USB converter is doing
> something bad.

that was my first idea BUT:

1) i know for a friend that on some motherboards (it was embedded VIA
based CPU) geli doesn't work at typing password.

2) in my case (as well as his case) problems happen everytime kernel
function cngets is used, it maybe after being unable to mount root in
a kernel prompt.

The problem IS FreeBSD specific AND some hardware specific.

this seems like an interaction between FreeBSD and some hardware
(timings?). Really have no idea.