Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:05:30 -0500
From:      Hurf Sheldon <hurf@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2 stable SCSI errors

Hi Folks,
We are having these errors with another type of drive
as well - it seems to be related to trying to read the
tape after a move operation. Using a single CPU kernel
did not affect the problem...

(ch0:ahc0:0:0:1): MOVE MEDIUM. CDB: a5 20 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 0 0 0
(ch0:ahc0:0:0:1): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:3b,d
(ch0:ahc0:0:0:1): Medium destination element full
ch: warning: could not map element source address 0d to a valid element
type
(sa0:ahc0:0:0:0): tape is now frozen- use an OFFLINE, REWIND or MTEOM
command t
o clear this state.
(sa0:ahc0:0:0:0): tape is now frozen- use an OFFLINE, REWIND or MTEOM
command t
o clear this state.
(sa0:ahc0:0:0:0): tape is now frozen- use an OFFLINE, REWIND or MTEOM
command t
o clear this state.
ch: warning: could not map element source address 0d to a valid element
type
(sa0:ahc0:0:0:0): tape is now frozen- use an OFFLINE, REWIND or MTEOM
command t
o clear this state.
(sa0:ahc0:0:0:0): 32768-byte tape record bigger than suplied buffer
ch: warning: could not map element source address 0d to a valid element
type

.
System description:
System 4.2 stable (cvsup 12/10/00) (4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #3:)
Dual 266mhz PII, PB2-D ASUS MB,
Adaptec 2930CU card
Overland 4000 DLT tape library (LXS4115)
or
HP SURESTORE 1200 DDS2
.

Any insights to a solution would be appreciated.
thanks,
hurf