Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 21:38:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Mace <smace@metal.ops.neosoft.com>
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vnode_pager_outpages error

> You can _not_ put a 66mhz CPU in that board, and before swapping CPU chips
> simply clock your 100Mhz chip down at 90 (change external clock from 66 to
> 60Mhz).

I clocked my 100mhz cpu down to 90mhz as you suggested above, and I've gotten
through 4 rebuilds of gcc with no signal 11's.  I did this with 60ns simms
with chip count < 24 these SIMMs were standard non-edo modules.  I will try
later with the EDO modules I have.  Does this point to a bad cache module?

> Phk just flashed his machine up to that revision and is now seeing soft
> (C-A-D) reboot problems, any such things going on with yours?  I checked
> here and can not duplicate it here.

Yes, I see the c-a-d problems.  I cannot, for example, c-a-d during some
points of the bootup, its somewhat intermitent.

	Scott