Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:26:34 -0400
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Mike <skillet@nauticom.net>
Cc:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies - "Handle me with care?"

Mike wrote:

> Tim,
>         I tend to agree with your point on this issue.. As a fellow bsd somewhat
> newbie the best way that I have learned what I know today. Is from breaking
> stuff and fixing it.. teaches people more of the in's and outs of the OS..
> well that is all for now I must rest in peace and get back to work
>
> Mike =>

I have reinstalled FreeBSD several time. Now FreeBSD take 10 minutes to
resinstall ;-)
I think its ok to broke and fix things, but only if you have a computer
who have no important data and a lot of time.
But I dont think its a good idea to go to current. What it will give you
more? You dont know a lot of thing about un*x and you can learn a lot
without current and its bug. FreeBSD-current is a devellopment version.

Anyway, upgrade to current if you want, dont start a boring discution on
it ;-)
Malartre
PS: I think Sue only want you read doc and man page *before* broke
things and ask question.