Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:57:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@hi-fi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GIMP problems

> [Gimp woes....]
>
>I was going to compile the thing, but I don't have Motif..

Which version did you try?  Are you trying to use the released version
0.54 or one of the development versions?  The development versions don't
require Motif.  I haven't futzed with it in a while but last I did (~ 1
month ago) there were still some problems with it hanging and dropping
into the debugger pretty routinely.  I'm not on the e-mail list for it but
I surmise that one of these days it'll start shaping up.

Regards,

Brian