Date:      Thu, 16 May 1996 12:38:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Gestur A. Grjetarsson" <gestur@islandia.is>
To:        Tushar Patel <tushar@ecpi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Login name longer then 8 character?

Hello,

Have you tried using a dot in the user loginname, like : user.username

also, if you need to have an email address wich is longer than 8 chars,
you can setup an alias for the email, wich rechieves the email and
directs it to the appropriate user email box.

/etc/aliases

is the file you should be editing.

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Tushar Patel wrote:

> Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 20:32:29 +0000 ()
> From: Tushar Patel <tushar@ecpi.com>
> To: freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Login name longer then 8 character?
>
> Hi,
>
> How can I setup user login name larger than 8 characters?
>  "adduser" script does not allow me to enter a name larger
> than 8 characters. What do I need to do to incorporate names
> larger than 8 characters.
>
> Do I need to do anything in the sendmail?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks
> Tushar

  Med kvedju
  Sincerely

  Gestur A. Grjetarsson           gestur@islandia.is
  kerfisstjori islandia.is      sysadmin islandia.is

          http://www.islandia.is/~gestur
        http://www.islandia.is/misc/skvopn

 There are only three kind of people in the world !
  Those who know how to count,
	  		     and those who don't !