Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 13:20:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Nick Repin <nickr@repins.com.au>
Cc:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3D "blender" package from NeoGeo now released.

> I've had blender 3 days. It core dumps reliably with a segmentation fault
> on my 2.2.5 system. I have not yet had time to pursue it further. I hate
> to report it without trying out a few things but there is a bug report for
> what it's worth.

For what it's worth. I spent an hour or so yesterday goofing with trying
to get it to run under -current for me. Like I said I didnt spend alot of
time with it. But apparently it does not like running with just "blender"
I'm running at 1600x120x16bpp. Running "blender -p 250 200 1024 768"
I can get it to start and run kinda. So I don't think it liked my
1600x1200 resolution. When I say it KINDA ran, I mean it starts and runs
but and this may be the way it's designed or i'm not reading the right
flags or something, but the app itself is not a window. It has no border
nothing to click on and move or resize. It's a borderless app.
That got REAL annoying when I started an rxvt window and it covered the
blender app. I couldn't bring blender to the foreground unless I minimized
the windows covering it. Usually I just use the right mouse button to
bring the window in front to swap with the window behind. o it would be
quite nice if blender could be modified to have a border and title bar
that you can use to resize it and click on. Also I noticed when rendering
the blacksmith demo that it rendered the bottom third ok then the rest it
rendered in pink :) So I don't know what happened there. It was rendered
in the default blender settings I didn't change anything.
Just some random comments from a casual blender tester.
I did not spend hours looking through FAQ's and tutorials. Just thought I
would give first run issues I came across.

Chris

--
"I don't do favors, I accumulate debts"

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.6 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS-67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting-Network Engineering-Security