Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:19:08 +0000
From:      Orion Hodson <O.Hodson@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        David Tucker <davet@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@uunet.co.za, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Crystal Sound Card not recognised

<Pine.BSF.4.21.0011211446240.51152-100000@hill.noc.uunet.co.za>David Tucker wri
tes:
> I have a Crystal Semiconductor 4281 that is not being recognised when my
> machine boots.
>
> This is what I get from dmesg
>
> pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1013, dev=0x6005) at 9.0 irq 5
>
> I now the card works as I can use it with the Opensound drivers. I have
> the following lines in my kernel.
>
> device pcm
> device          csa

Looking at the files in /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pci, there's a
definition for this card id in csareg.h, but it does not exist in the
csa_probe function in csa.c.  According to the CS summary
documentation for this chip it is pin compatible with the CS4614 that
is supported.  Try adding a case for CS4280_PCI_ID in csa_probe() and
seeing if that helps.

Kind Regards
- Orion.