Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 12:30:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Robert P. Ricci" <rricci@ns1.theonlynet.com>
To:        Rick Morel <rmorel@morelr.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP Problem

We use ncftpd, and, though we don't use the option, I seem to remember one
in it that lets you restrict users to their own directories. However,
ncftpd is shareware, not freeware. :-< On the other hand, I find it very
convenient, to, say, put things in my own directory that other users can
get, rather than having to put it up on anonymous. It's also nice to be
able to get at /etc from home, and I don't think many people are A) going
to try to get there, B) know what to do with the files there, and C)
permissions are such that they won't be able to do any damage.

Robert Ricci
The Only Net..You'll Ever Need
rricci@theonlynet.com