Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:51:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat List <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSDmall vs Daemonnews mall

I personally have a hard time thinking about going back to
using/buying/supporting FreeBSD mall. I am aware of all Walnut Creek has
done for FreeBSD, but I have a bad taste in my mounth about how things
went with the sale of Walnut Creek's assets previously. Perhaps the
economics forced(?) Walnut Creek to sell. I don't know whether the sell to
BSDI was because of money or seen as an "estratigic" alliance.

On the other hand I see Daemonnews as a company that is trying to stay
"true" to it's roots. I foresee doing all my BSD purchases from them.

I also disliked some comments I read from "Bob Bruce" saying that
Daemonews "jumped the gun" when they created their mall. As I see it there
was a moment where the status of the "FreeBSD Assets" were in the air,
Wind River didn't seem to care, and Daemonews filled in a need in the
market. What could be wrong with that?

Thoughts?