Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:09:03 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BP6 motherboard and hangs ...

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Saturday, 17 March 2001 at 16:43:14 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > Anyone have any experience with the Abit BP6 motherboards?  I've been
> > reporting and talking about problems with -CURRENT the past little while,
> > where when I start X, it pretty much dies soon after ... well, this
> > weekend, I needed to make my system Dual-BOOT into W2K Professional Server
> > for some work I'm doing (installing FreeBSD in vmware over w2k to run some
> > server software) and W2K hangs solid also ...
> >
> > I'm starting to wonder if its a motherboard problem and has nothing to do
> > with OS ...
> >
> > Anyone with experience here?
>
> I've had one for nearly a year.  I used it for my contribution to the
> SMPng project, and I've had no problems that I would ascribe to the
> board.

Okay, I'm going through the BP6 site, as there appears to be problems with
W2k itself ... I've just reinstalled the whole FreeBSD side of the system
to 4.2-RELEASE and will upgraded to -CURRENT later tonight and see if this
fixes my X problems ... its been awhile since I've done a fresh install on
her, maybe something got out of whack *shrug*