Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 1999 20:58:51 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RealPlayer G2 for Linux (6.0-0.99051701)

Randall Hopper wrote:

> Bernie Doehner:
>  |Randall Hopper:
>  |> http://www.real.com/products/player/linux.html
>  |>
>  |> FWIW, it works pretty well here on 3.2-RELEASE with Voxware.  You'll just
>  |> need to grab /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.8 from a Linux box somewhere.  That's
>  |> missing from the 3.2-R linuxlib.
>  |I just tried installing it on my 3.2-R box, and I keep getting signal 11
>  |core dumps, pretty much at startup.

[libstdc++.so.2.8 discussion snipped]

> (Ccing marcel@scc.nl since this is linux_lib-related.  BTW, welcome
> on-board Marcel!)

Thanks!

[more libstdc++.so.2.8 discussion snipped]

I'm downloading The RH5.2/6.0 version now to see if it works with the
linux-base port. In any case, don't forget that it is still alpha quality:
I'm not going to panic if the kernel does :-)

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/