Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:56:52 -0400
From:      Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Page for doc contributors?

Hi all-

 Just had a quick thought and I figured I might as well throw it out into
public. If you read cvs-all, you know that anybody who submits an accepted
port is added into the "Additional Contributors" page of the handbook. Is
there any reason why doc submissions don't get the same treatment?
 Certainly, adding someone to the list would have to be somewhat
subjective; after all, I don't think someone just submitting a typo patch
should be placed on the list, but there are many people who have
contributed valuable things to the docproj, and it might be nice to
recognize them.

[Note: This is not some attempt to get my name in lights, I couldn't care
less if I show up on that list or not; however, I think that having ports
contributors and not doc submitters show up on the list gives the
impression that the ports system is more important than the docs, which
IMO isn't true].

Comments?

Eric