Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2000 20:14:29 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More "ld-elf.so.1: assert failed" messages

John Polstra wrote:

> Below is a patch for "src/libexec/rtld-elf" which should fix the
> assert failures in wine.  I'd appreciate hearing from anybody who
> tests this with multithreaded packages such as wine, JDK, Mozilla,
> and linuxthreads.

[snipped patch]

OK, here's some of the errors I get with Mozilla.  It looks like it
happens when Gdk runs out os SysV shared memory.  Otherwise, if I
don't get the "Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!", the ld.so erros never
occur, and Mozilla runs OK.  It seems as if Wine is working OK so far,
though, although I probably haven't tested Wine enough:

.//run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/wine/dmmiller/mozilla/dist/bin

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/wine/dmmiller/mozilla/dist/bin:/usr/local/qt/lib:/usr/local/lib/rvplayer5.0:/usr/local/RealPlayerG2/Common:/usr/local/RealPlayerG2/Codecs:/usr/local/kde/lib
       SHLIB_PATH=/wine/dmmiller/mozilla/dist/bin
          LIBPATH=/wine/dmmiller/mozilla/dist/bin
      MOZ_PROGRAM=./mozilla-bin
      MOZ_TOOLKIT=
        moz_debug=0
     moz_debugger=
nNCL: registering deferred (0)

Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
Profile Manager : Profile Wizard and Manager activites : Begin
Profile Manager : Command Line Options : Begin
Profile Manager : Command Line Options : End
ProfileManager : GetProfileDir
ProfileManager : GetProfileDir
Profile Manager : Profile Wizard and Manager activites : End
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Application locking error: 1 readers and 1
writers in dynamic linker.  See DLLOCKINIT(3) in manual pages.

- Donn