Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:27:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Welch <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To:        delusional@si.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inspiron 8000 pcmcia problem??

You can't read anything from the drive or you can't boot from it?  Your drive
could of course be bad... or maybe your bios isn't allowing booting from the drive.

Do you have a floppy?  If so, you can use that to boot the boot floppies and then
install via ftp over either the internal ethernet port or an external modem.

It is hard to diagnose this stuff long distance...

                                Sean