Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 19:01:54 +0300
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FIXED -->  Thanks! Re: ep0 eeprom failed to come ready...

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>

[...snip...]

>Yep.  Its likely some of the 'legacy' (non-newbus) drivers stomp on the
>card.  You should -always- disable devices that you don't have in your
>system.
>
>> (Strangely enough, the ep driver doesn't appear anywhere in the kernel
>> config screen.)
>
>Correct.  The 'ep' driver in 4.0/current doesn't have any need for the
>user to specify settings.  The kernel config screen is really for devices
>that are so broken that we can't 'ask' them what their configuration is or
>otherwise discover it unassisted.
[...snip...]

So is it recommended to put ISA cards into PnP mode?
I'm asking because I have a couple of boxes with two
and three 3C509B cards in them.
In this case,

1) how should look the corresponding line in kernel config?
Just

device ep0

?

2) how I bind IP addresses to desired cards?

And one more question: 3c5x9cfg.exe utility in the config
section has "Optimisation"(?) entry, where you can select
"server", "client", etc. What is recommended? Or just
don't bother?

TIA,
Igor