Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:37:22 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, claudiu vasadi <claudiu.vasadi@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: [rfc] removing the NDISulator

> > On 23 October 2013 13:10, claudiu vasadi <claudiu.vasadi@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi,

> > Still getting the "Cannot reset interface wlan0 - exit status 1" in
> > wifimgr but no crash yet. Will keep trying :D

> I have no idea about that. It's likely there's some net80211/iwn bug(s) but
> I don't use wifimgr so I don't know what it's doing.

> For that I'd bug the wifimgr people in PCBSD. they can always file bug
> reports with me :)

> Thanks,

> -adrian

I don't have wifimgr either, can't even install it until I get wifi set up.

Does wifimgr have more functionality than wpa_cli?

Why would some drivers not be ndisulatable/ndiswrappable?

Would that be because the resulting driver would fail, or because of the
lack of .inf and .sys files in Windows driver?

Tom