Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:09:10 -0700
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net>
To:        LStation <LART@mfn.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: High Performance NICs

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 08:11:01AM -0500, LStation wrote:

> Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@mushhaven.net> wrote in message news:<8rba7u$8t7$1@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw>...
>
> > On this topic, can anyone recommend a way to force high loads like this,
> > to see how current/prospective hardware fares? Any advice appreciated!
>
> Sure, just bring up INN (the worlds only voluntary DoS attack ;-).
> Copying huge files back and forth across an nfs mount should work too...

Sadly, I would be limited by the internet connection on INN (Only on a 1.5
Mb/s SDSL link). Might see if I can do the NFS thing.

I know suns have/had a set of commands which would essentiall push garbage
data as fast and much as possible between two hosts. We used to use it at
@Home to test particularly troublesome links when they were fixed. Something
in FreeBSD like this would be nice.

Jamie