Date:      Mon, 7 May 2007 08:50:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gore Jarold <gore_jarold@yahoo.com>
To:        Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vmware3 on FreeBSD 6.2 - minor (?) svga problem ... more ...

--- Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Last obvious one that I can think of--did you put in
> a serial number
> when requested?
>
> Hrrm, no, that makes no sense, you wouldn't have
> gotten as far as you
> did, if my memory serves me correctly.

Yes, you're right - I am all set in the serial number
department (thanks, google).

vmware-wizard immediately.  I actually started up
vmware first thing, and it immediately took me into
the wizard where I set up all of my items.

But I just did it all again with a new guest OS, and
the error message I get is much more verbose the first
time I power it on - here it is:

No DGA mode found compatible with 5760x1200, depth 24,
bpp 32
XFree86 direct graphics (DGA extension) power on
failed.

and after clicking OK, I got the regular error
message:

Failed to initialize SVGA device.

On subsequent power-ons of this VM, only the second
error message appears.  Does this help at all ?

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front