Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:15:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        spork@super-g.com, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM DDRS-39130 drive

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, John Polstra wrote:

> I have three of the 34560W drives in a machine here, and they're
> dynamite.  Check it out:
>
>     vashon$ dd if=/dev/rda2 of=/dev/null bs=64k count=1000
>     1000+0 records in
>     1000+0 records out
>     65536000 bytes transferred in 4.927831 secs (13299157 bytes/sec)
>
> The drives are reasonably quiet and run cool.

I have one of these as well.  Beautiful drive.  Runs quieter and cooler
than either of my Western Digital IDE drives.  John, just out of
curiousity, what are yours plugged in to?  I have an Adaptec 2940UW, and
bonnie is only reporting about 4MB/s throughput for me.  I do have scb
paging and tagenable in the kernel.

Jamie Bowden

--
Systems Administrator, iTRiBE.net

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)