Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 16:56:44 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: audio from atapi cd -- patches for 2.2.6

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 11:14:04AM +0100, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> on the console.  Note that I set the timeout in the call to tsleep() in
> atapi.c back to zero, as I wasn't sure exactly what value of HZ it was
> expecting.  The output from ps indicates that it's waiting on 'atareq', so

I dont know if this may help, but HZ is defined as 100 in
/usr/src/sys/conf/param.c, whereas a value of 0 in tsleep() will
not let tsleep() timeout at all - so just replace HZ in
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/atapi.c for 100 (or replace 10*HZ for 1000)
and recompile. Good luck, i hope that fixes it.

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet