Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:20:07 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: On textproc/aspell and textproc/en-aspell

--4QzzFpAwbwI4hdN6

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 11:50:44AM -0500, Adam Vande More wrote:
> Recently, I spent some time trying to understand why Pidgin spell check
> wasn't working.  I'm primarily a KDE4 user, but pidgin has some plugins I
> use.  textproc/aspell is a dependency of the KDE stuff and it's pkg-descr
> indicates it should be exactly what pidgin is looking for.  Unfortunately
> this not the case.
>=20
> With a suggestion from marcus@, I installed textproc/en-aspell.  This
> worked to resolve the issue for me, however this is the pkg-descr for the
> ports:
>=20
> Aspell English dictionaries.
>=20
> Note: if you have installed textproc/aspell, English dictionaries have
> already
>       been installed; this port is only useful if you had previously
> installed
>       textproc/aspell-without-dicten.
>=20
> This state has left me confused.  Can anyone explain what is going on her=
e?
>  Is there something wrong with the structure of these ports?
>=20

The pkg-descr was containing legacy bit I just removed, thanks for reportin=
g.

For consistency (avoiding 2 different port) aspell has been turned into a no
dictionnary port and if you need a dictionnary just install the one you need
(for instance en-aspell in your case)

regards,
Bapt

--4QzzFpAwbwI4hdN6