Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 20:57:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Alex Belits <abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us>, RadhaGaia <RadhaGaia@aol.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unsibscribe

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Chuck Robey wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Alex Belits wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, RadhaGaia wrote:
> > > Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:17:19 EST
> > > From: RadhaGaia <RadhaGaia@aol.com>
> > > To: hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
> > > Subject: unsibscribe
> > >
> > > take me off the mailing list, please.  thanks

> > > with "unsubscribe freebsd-hackers" in the body of the message
> >
> >   Can't you read, AOLer? Hint: last two non-empty lines before this one
> > will suffice.
>
> No it won't --- new idiocy of the nouveau tech: subscribe under one
> name, then complain under another.  Happens again and again.  Doesn't
> matter how easy you make it, they will break it.

Actually, last time I unsubscribed from the mailing lists, there was some
brokenness in the process.  For example, I unsubscribed from
freebsd-security by sending:

unsubscribe freebsd-security
end

in the body from my jasone@canonware.com account.  Majordomo reported
success, but I started receiving mail from that list a couple of days
later.  I went through this process twice, but on the third try, I sent:

end

and it worked.  I don't know enough about majordomo to be able to guess
what caused the problem.  BTW, this happened for 3 or 4 lists that I was
unsubscribing from, so it didn't appear to be a fluke.

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]