Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:27:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      Licia <licia@o-o.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: News Server

How hard would it be to set up a standalone news server specifically for
FreeBSD, not connected to usenet in any way?

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <6309.915563659@zippy.cdrom.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
> >> But why don't we just create a
> >> 	freebsd.*
> >> hierachy for selective and elective distribution ?
> >
> >Because I believe that requires buy-in by the backbone cabal, and
> >who wants to spend 3 weeks mud-wrestling with Joel Furr? :-)
>
> I don't really see the need, people can pick it up someplace
> and if they don't want it they can say no.
>
> I guess alt.freebsd.* could be a more legal alternative ?
>
> --
> Poul-Henning Kamp             FreeBSD coreteam member
> phk@FreeBSD.ORG               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
> FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!

[ licia@o-o.org ]  [ http://www.o-o.org/ ]  [ IrcNick : Licia ]
[ A happy user of FreeBSD : http://www.freebsd.org/           ]
[ Why crawl through windows when you can walk through a door? ]
[ This user boycotts all Microsoft products and services      ]