Date:      Sun, 11 Sep 2011 16:54:12 +1000
From:      Geoff Roberts <geoff@apro.com.au>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Atheros 5212 based card causing system freeze - suggested replacement?

Hi Adrian,

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:35:15 pm Geoff Roberts wrote:
> I guess the other possibility is to try a completely different OS. If that
> boots OK then we most likely have a software - or at least a hardware
> initialisation problem via software. Would that be a worthwhile test. If
> so, is there another CD bootable system that would be worth trying (I
> don't have access to any Windows based OS)?

Thanks again for your persistence on this. I tried the Ubuntu 11.04 bootable
CD distribution.

The Ubuntu boot froze when loading network drivers. Ubuntu didn't print out
exactly which network driver was causing the problem. I therefore removed the
card  and the system booted OK.

I've got a PCI Express D-Link AR5418 card coming so I'll let you know how that
goes.

Kind regards,

Geoff