Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:12:06 +0200
From:      Uffe Jakobsen <uffe@uffe.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Off-Topic: question about usb-hub power

Hi,

Apologies if this is a kind of off-topic for this list - since it does
not have anything to do with FreeBSD.

The external USB-hubs (v2.0) that I've come across comes in two categories:

Some are willing to deliver power (500mA pr. connector) even if the hub
isn't connected to a computer - and some that doesn't do this - the hubs
that I have purchased from Dlink falls into the last category.

I looking for an USB hub that is willing to deliver power without it
beeing connected to a computer in order to drive some external units -
no it is not a mobile-phone ;-)

Could anyone give me a hint what specs to look for ? - before I actually
buy another hub - the Dlink ones were not a success...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards Uffe Jakobsen