Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:15:12 +1000
From:      Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
To:        "Alex Kolobutin" <fbsd@home.com>, "Raymundo M. Vega" <RaymundoVega@home.com>, "carl" <statik@cris.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: console reso.

You should be able to use 800 by 600 with your 15inch monitor
Have you tried running XF86Setup as root. Then Believe is the 3rd last option
which allows you to specify the resolution and colour depth.

Looking forard to your your feedback.

dannyh
dannyh@idx.com.au

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Alex Kolobutin wrote:
> I for one would like an 800x600 xwindow system setup, however, like whoever
> the originator of this post is..I am unable to do so.  I have a 15" monitor,
> 640x480 is too large, 1024x768 is too large.  800x600 is optimal for me, if
> I could switch I would but hardware prevents me from it.  Perhaps I missed
> something but the lack of X support for this resolution seems odd to me.

You are not authorized to use my email address for spam or any purpose
whatsoever. Remove my email address from your databases immediately and do
not attempt to email me in any way.