Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2022 21:45:56 +0100
From:      Florian Walpen <dev@submerge.ch>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD port ALSA to JACK MIDI, a2jmidid

On Sunday, February 27, 2022 9:29:48 PM CET Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 2/27/22 18:45, Florian Walpen wrote:
> > @HPS: Any ideas about the latency introduced by alsa-seq-server / CUSE?
>
> Hi,
>
> What tools did you use to test?

Just jack_midi_latency_test from audio/jack-example-tools, and the whole stack
of JACK server, a2jmidid and alsa-seq-server from current ports.

> You might want to ktrace the applications in question to see what is
> going on.

I thought it's probably introduced by processing blocks of MIDI data, isn't
that the case for alsa-seq-server / CUSE? Maybe a2jmidid?

> Is this something I could test on my computer?

Easy, see above. You need to loop the MIDI out -> in on your audio interface.

> --HPS

Florian