Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:10:47 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9.0 bsdinstall usage

On 23/09/2011, at 11:39, Fbsd8 wrote:
> I have installed 9.0 bata2 from cd and the net. In both cases after =
the completion of the install and rebooting, the bsdinstall scripts =
still remain on the new installed system. If I interpret the code logic =
correctly, bsdinstall can ONLY be used for an original install. It's not =
intended by design to be used any other time, unlike sysinstall. I think =
the "auto" script should have code added to remove all traces of the =
bsdinstall environment at the conclusion of the install. This way =
bsdinstall fulfills the original design goals and guarantees no one can =
exec it by accident and kill there running system.

The binary is installed by default, but there it isn't run at startup.

If it is being run then I would expect you are booting off your install =
media again by accident.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum