Date:      Thu, 26 May 2005 09:43:09 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org, Frank Baro <frankbaro@gmx.de>
Subject:   Re: bluetooth-headset ?

[...]

>>> have a ericson bluetooth-headset and want use it with FBSD-5.3 ,
>>> for SKYPE and so.... but will it work .... u know something about
>>> that ??
>>
>> unfortunately, no. bluetooth headsets are not currently supported.
>>
>>> when not .... ---> FBSD-5.4 ??
>>
>> still not supported, even in -current.
>
> What would be needed for this? Some kind of fake /dev/dsp device
> which connects to a bluetooth audio channel?

the first thing is bluetooth sco links support. for bluetooth usb
devices sco data go through usb isochronous transfers. i could not get
usb isochronous transfers to work on freebsd with my usb bluetooth
devices. as soon as i open isochronous pipe and submit read transfer it
immediately comes back with zero bytes of data. i also tried to modify
ugen(4) driver, but i got the same results. at this point i'm not sure
where the problem is: my code or bluetooth hardware.

once sco link support is in place then we can talk about integration
into freebsd sound subsystem.

thanks,
max