Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:46:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Bara Zani <bara_zani@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poptop server on freebsd 4.4

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002, Bara Zani wrote:

> Hi All ,
> has anyone got the above running with 128 bit encription for win2k clients ?
> the poptop site faq is way too old , is there a current pptp for freebsd faq
> around .
> please help me or i'll have to use linux ;-)

I use mpd-netgraph from /usr/ports/net/mpd-netgraph.  It supports 40-bit,
128-bit, and now, 56-bit MPPE.  It comes with good sample configs for
"dial-up" PPTP and dedicated VPN PPTP.  Let me know if you need further
examples.

By the way, to get MPPE working, you need to build mpd-netgraph from
ports, and have the DES (crypto) distribution installed.

Joe