Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 20:25:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -STABLE Frozen for 4.7

Murray Stokely writes:
>   We've prepared a small testing guide that highlights some of the
> recent changes.  This guide is only a starting point, and the full
> release notes provide a better overall picture of whats new in this
> release :
>
>        http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.7R/qa.html
>
>   If you are experiencing any problems with -STABLE then by all means
> speak up now!

FYI,

I recently MFC'd some changes to libc_r (the pthreads library) which
in theory should only make things better, but..

- Most applications don't use libc_r so if you use any that do
  please give them a try now..

- I'm curious if these changes fix the problems that the Apache
  group was having running the threaded version of Apache on FreebSD.
  Unfortunately my knowledge of these problems is vague and 2nd hand..
  Is anyone closer to these problems who might be able to test it again?

Thanks,
-Archie