Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:06:58 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Argh, somebody broke docproj and hence make release!

> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 05:45:26PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> > ===>  Cleaning for dsssl-docbook-modular-1.57
> > ===>  Cleaning for html-4.0b
> > ===>  Cleaning for iso8879-1986
> > ===>  Cleaning for jade-1.2.1
> > ===>  Cleaning for linuxdoc-1.1
> > ===>  Cleaning for sgmlformat-1.7
> > ===>  Cleaning for tidy-20000804
> > ===>  Cleaning for w3m-0.1.11.p
> > ===>  Cleaning for docproj-1.1
> > make: don't know how to make all. Stop
> > *** Error code 2
>
> Que?  Which version of docproj/Makefile do you have, and is it sync with
> ports/Mk?

This is all from a fresh check-out of ports and doc - the FreeBSD
release build process always works from a sanitized chroot tree and
fresh sources, so if it blows up there it's not from a syncronization
error.

> I just tried exactly the same thing;

I beg to differ.  You tried it from a non-sanitized, non-chroot tree
and that works just fine for me too.  Now try it from a make release
and you'll have done "exactly the same thing" :-)

> Which machine are building this on?

I've reproduced this on several machines already, so it's certainly
not the environment (I run parallel release builds for various
reasons).

Thanks.

- Jordan