Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:22:34 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley585.res.iastate.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New SoftUpdates test kit

On Sat, 21 February 1998 at 22:33:56 -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Chris Csanady wrote:
>>> Just a warning, this new code still does not work with CCD's.
>>
>> Bah.
>>
>> What exactly is the deal with this?
>
> I don;t know yet however kirk says that the symptom is exactly matching
> that he saw with bufs not being bzero'd when malloc'd.
> I'm going to look at that next week.

FWIW, ccd allocates its own bufs (i.e. not out of buffqueues).  I'm
not convinced it handles the links correctly in the general case.

If it turns out to be something like this, please let me know.  I'm
currently copying this method for my volume manager, and if it's going
to stop working, I need to know soon.  An alternative would also be a
good idea (the reason is that both CCD and vinum use extended buf
headers with additional info at the end).

Greg