Date:      20 Mar 2001 00:47:46 +0100
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre@poboxes.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Posting FAQ to newsgroups

Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 11:36:42PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't be a problem.  Which newsgroups?  Is this something you plan
> > on doing regularly?
>
> comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.announce
> comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

from my point of view, FAQs have nothing to do in .announce.
.announce are just announces. Linux guys have linux.answers.

others just post in the most relevant newsgroup
(comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc in our case), comp.answers and
news.answers.

> If no one objects, I'll post it once a month.  I'll generate
> the FAQ from whatever is in the source tree when I get around
> to formatting it.  Wolfram Schneider posts a list of the
> new/updated ports every 2 weeks to c.u.b.f.a, but that might
> be too often for the FAQ.

look at comp.answers, FAQs are usually posted on a monthly basis.  no
need to go faster. they are not moving as fast as new/updated ports.
but please, don't post in .announce. thanks.

Cyrille.
--
home: mailto:clefevre@poboxes.com   UNIX is user-friendly; it's just particular
work: mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre@edf.fr   about who it chooses to be friends with.