Date:      Thu, 30 May 1996 11:42:44 +1000
From:      Andrew Khoo <andrew@aussie.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interesting problem with finger/who

I just brought up a new FreeBSD box yesterday. This box exhibits an
interesting characteristic which I still cannot put a finger on.

Whenever I do a finger or who, it only lists sessions logged in on virtual
consoles, that is ttyv*.

However, last seems to work fine, and indicates the correct users and
sessions times. Physically checking /var/run/utmp and /var/log/wtmp seems to
indicate that everything is functioning correctly.

I have already checked the physical programs and copied them across from a
"working" system, but who still does not work.

Running FreeBSD 2.1R. Anyone has any ideas?