Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:11:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Zivo Ki <zivofreebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to install samba and windows xp ?

I have to many questions because Im a complete newbie, I have done this with windows 2000 server with none problem, but I didnt have the licence so I got rid of windows server  and Installed freebsd instead , because I want to learn it: )

I have a freebsd box and I want to share folders with all the windows xp boxes (5 pc's),  the windows machine has a worgroup named officewinxp
and also i want to install apache, and the most dificult part I want to share a cable modem conection for the internet .

All this, is it posible ?

I installed the default package of apache, and samba but it didnt worked, and also i cant share my internet conection.
I  have to change my mac address in the freebsd box (because that mac restriction with my cable company)

( i tryied with ifconfig and it worked but I think the system is not configurated to share the internet)

So if someone have the patience to help me
please I would be so happy

Thanks

Zivo Ki

p.s. sorry for my bad english