Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 1995 12:44:08 +0100
From:      richard@harlequin.co.uk (Richard Brooksby)
To:        freebsd-install@freebsd.org
Subject:   Differing fdisk commands

(I'm new to the freebsd-install list, so please forgive me if this point
has been raised before.)

When installing FreeBSD one gets an interactive fdisk program which, while
not ideal, is fairly flexible and useful.  Once you've installed FreeBSD
you get a rather poor fdisk program which is much less useful (in
particular, it doesn't allow you to set the boot flag on a partition).
Shouldn't these two programs be unified?

Thank you for your time.

---
Richard Brooksby <richard@harlequin.co.uk>
Manager & Developer / Memory Management / Symbolic Processing / Harlequin
+44 1223 873881 (voice)  +44 1223 872519 (fax)