Date:      12 Apr 1996 08:04:00 -0500
From:      "Richard Wackerbarth" <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "hackers@freefall.freebsd.org" <hackers@freefall.freebsd.org>, "Terry Lambert" <terry@lambert.org>
Subject:   Re(2): Lesstif (motif compatible) package.

> On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> The problem is that new widgets are a bad idea, in general.  "Compatible
with extensions" is a bad thing, and all you really succeed in doing is
violating style guidelines.

> Wrongo.  I'm going to say that using custom frobs is bad, and that if you
need a triangular button, your user interface design is bad.

This assumes that the original "style guidelines" were perfect and that
additional design innovation is bad.

I guess we should all go back to driving Model "T"'s and program in assembly
language.