Date:      Sun, 2 Jul 2000 14:31:15 +0900 (JST)
From:      =?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOGVGI0JnQ08bKEI=?= <daichi@ongs.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patchset9 test: Japanese Font Problem

> > Good news :)
> > I disvovered the cause of this problem. JDK122 Font system seems to be
> > different from JDK11x's one. So I made the new  font.properties.ja file to
> > representate PLAIN, ITALIC, BOLD and BOLDITALIC style Japanese font.
> > I attach new font.properties.ja file. You can get representation of Japanese
> > String with full style.
> > Please contain this file into FreeBSD JDK122-patch file.
>
> Arigato GOTO-san!
>
> One question, are the extra fonts easily available?  Like as part of the
> ports system?  I would like to be able to list where people can get them
> from :).

Yes, it's easy in ports. People can get it from

  o /usr/ports/japanese/truetypefonts

And, if you use it, you must use XFree86 4.0 over with Xtt module or
XFree86 3.x with Xtt-Server or XFree86 3.x with Xtt-FontServer.

  o XFree86 4.0 over with Xtt module
  o XFree86 3.x with Xtt-Server
  o XFree86 3.x with Xtt-FontServer

And please add "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType" path into
"Files" section of XF86Config file.

Daichi T.GOTO(ONGS)
    http://www.ongs.net/daichi, daichi@ongs.net