Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 11:20:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      invalid opcode <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
Cc:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@pbinet.com>, darrenr@cyber.com.au, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ide problems

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Darren Reed wrote:

> I suspect "AUTO_EOI_1" and/or "AUTO_EOI_2".
>
> I've currently got a working kernel (no errors).
>
> darren

#
# Options for `isa':
#
# AUTO_EOI_1 enables the `automatic EOI' feature for the master 8259A
# interrupt controller.  This saves about 1.25 usec for each interrupt.
# No problems are known to be caused by this option.
#
# AUTO_EOI_2 enables the `automatic EOI' feature for the slave 8259A
# interrupt controller.  This saves about 1.25 usec for each interrupt.
# Automatic EOI is documented not to work for for the slave with the
# original i8259A, but it works for some clones and some integrated
# versions.

== coredump@nervosa.com ================= http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==