Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 11:32:49 -0500
From:      Jerry Kelley <jerryk@iquest.net>
To:        FreeBSD Security List <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Any FreeBSD security topics of interest?

Hello all,

I'm about to begin selection of my computer science MS thesis topic and
was wondering if there are any security issues that would make for a
reasonable thesis subject. I would really like something that could be
implemented in FreeBSD and be made available to the world as my
contribution to a great OS.

If you have any issues or ideas that you'd like to see researched and
explored, please let me know. Please feel free to send mail to the list
or me personally if you prefer.

Again, my goal is a new topic or improvement to security for UNIX that
could be implemented (and added) to FreeBSD. I'd like to give something
back to the FreeBSD community because I believe strongly in the
principles of the a freely available OS.

Thanks to all who reply. (You can be assured that if anyone provides an
idea that I use I will make sure they receive credit.)

Jerry Kelley
jerryk@iquest.net
"Expectations are life's greatest dangers."