Date:      Sun, 23 May 2010 18:22:01 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        zaxis <z_axis@163.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox 3.2.0 port

> Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 17:12:09 -0700 (PDT)
> From: zaxis <z_axis@163.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
>
> Of course, i am root. "%" is a root prompt.   I remember i have ever run
> VBOX-3.x.x successfully using the GENERIC kernel long before, however it
> cannot work after using the customized kernel.  And the customized kernel is
> the same as the GENERIC kernel except its name(MYKERNEL).

You say "of course", and it is probably obvious to you, but the is
something that is preventing the 'make config' from working. There is
no special magic involved. So something, probably something trivial...so
trivial no one has thought to check it, is wrong.

OK. You are root. You have X running (though this is utterly irrelevant
as far as I can see). Have you looked at the /var/db/ports to confirm
whether virtualbox-ose is present and writable. (Normally 755). Does it
contain an "options" file. If so, is it protected at 644? If not present, is
/var/db/ports system writable and executable?

Can you do 'make config' on other ports? There is nothing special about
the 'make config' in this port. If you can do 'make config' for other
ports, you should be able to do it for virtualbox-ose.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)