Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:18:48 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gettext vs gettext-devel

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 11:08:42AM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
>files. ports/devel/gettext-devel/pkg-plist is a stub, the real plist is
>generated on the fly. Check ports/devel/gettext-devel/Makefile for
>details.

I caught that and corrected myself in a followup. It was the -plist that
threw me off.

>No, we can't use only one, because some ports only work with older one,
>while some only with newer one, therefore we need both to make everyone
>happy.

That was basically what I wanted to know. But, if you'll indulge my
curiosity:

If you define WANT_FULL_GETTEXT, then they both produce libintl.so.1; are
the two shared libs not compatible, or is it in the executables that the
differences lie?

Thanks.

--
Alan Eldridge