Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 18:50:08 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        coredump@nervosa.com (invalid opcode), narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, jehamby@lightside.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Win32 (was:Re: Go SCSI! Big improvement...)

> The GUI was cool, the "Objective C" was "Objectionable" (we'll just
> define this *new* language so we don't have to learn C++ and because

You're wrong there, Terry.  Objective C was being developed at the
same time that Stroustrup was getting evil ideas over at AT&T.  I
know, I was talking to some people back in 1984 about using Objective
C for a project I was doing, and there was a company supporting it
commercially (if I'm not mistaken it was ParcPlace, though memory dims
after more than a decade).  They did it because they knew that C++ was
genuinely evil and really just a glorified pre-processor hack, not a
truly dynamic, message-passing object system like Objective C.

Objective C was by far the better mousetrap of the two, and it lost.
Typical.

					Jordan