Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 20:38:54 +0200
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: doc/de_DE.ISO_8859-1/share/sgml freebsd.dsl

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 09:15:23AM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> Alex,

I'll answer for him because I'm responsible for both the fix as well as
the log message...
=20
> >   Modified files:
> >     de_DE.ISO_8859-1/share/sgml freebsd.dsl=20
> >   Log:
> >   Fix build of German FAQ after the latest stylesheet changes:
>=20
> How did the stylesheet changes break the build?  I thought everything
> had tested out OK?

Well, every build resulted in this message:

/usr/local/bin/jade:/usr/doc/share/sgml/freebsd.dsl:98:25:E: reference to \
undefined variable "$create-refentry-xref-link$"

It is not a fatal error and I still got something looking like HTML but I
didn't like it. That's why I created a patch, tested it and told Alex to
commit it.

BTW, this should affect all translation teams and does affect everybody who
uses the FDP framework for his own documents unless he includes
en_US.ISO_8859-1/share/sgml/freebsd.dsl or (after this fix)
de_DE.ISO_8859-1/share/sgml/freebsd.dsl.

Been there, done that, had a screaming fit, wrote a patch.

/s/Udo
--=20
"There are only a few problems in this world that cannot be solved by the
correct application of a sufficient amount of high explosives" - a.s.r.

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--