Date:      Sun, 11 Sep 2016 20:46:04 +0200
From:      Patrick Hess <patrick_lists@phess.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update not updating kernel?

On 07.09.2016 14:38, Matthew Pounsett wrote:
> It looks to me from what I'm pasting below as if there is a kernel out
> there somewhere for 9.3-RELEASE-p45

There's no -p45 kernel, as both -p44 and -p45 were only affecting
the userland.

> % lsof >/dev/null
> lsof: WARNING: compiled for FreeBSD release 9.3-RELEASE-p45; this is
> 9.3-RELEASE-p43.

Seems like lsof is not aware of the difference between kernel and
userland patch levels and ends up checking for the wrong one.

Patrick

--
If you'd like to send me a private message, make sure to remove
the "_lists" part from my address.