Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:09:59 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Qing Li <qingli@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: last call for L2/L3 rewrite code review

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Qing Li wrote:

Hi,

> It's becoming increasingly difficult to maintain a separate
> branch (p4 or svn) due to the high volume of new features'
> related commits. The integration and unit testing efforts
> increase in complexity by the week.

[..]

> I would like to commit the code within
> a week if not sooner.

I think waiting another few days would be good, so end of the weekend
or something seems realistic, but not so before.
The reason I am asking is that people are still seeing panics from
the rnh locking and aren't even able to boot machines. Mixng route
locking bugs with this rewrite will be painful. As I hope that the
rnh bugs will be solved within 2-3 days things would be good for
getting this monster in:)

> The complete P4 project tree is located at
>
>    //depot/projects/arp-v2
>
> The full project sits in the svn branch that is located at
>
>    svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/arpv2_merge_1

Which of the two is the one to track the next days or are you going to
keep them in sync?

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.